My View From Las Vegas
Saturday, February 08, 2003
 
Things have not really gone too well lately, I am at a complete standstill.The job at Turnberry crashed and burned in a complete surprise layoff. The General Forman began by treating me better than anyone I had ever known in the whole time I have worked in construction.The problem arose from the friction between myself and the guy who was supposedly my friend. "Beware of your friends while embracing your enemies" So as of a week ago Friday I am no longer working and this is a major setback, because the only solution for the problems confronting me at the moment is to find some way to get an Ironworker's position and hold it for awhile. The disappointment is devastating, and I would add that my emotional state has been extremely low and eratic over the last week. I am clueless as to which way to turn, and what to do. The way I feel is that my life is slowly slipping further and further where nothing will matter at all. I have two young children who had birthdays this week, and I was unable to persuade their mother that it would be nice if I could be included in whatever plans she had to celebrate with them. I have not been able to see them since October. Sometimes I feel like I will never ever see them again. I am sad, depressed and very confused.


Powered by Blogger